Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its services, the Mutual Trust Group may collect your personal information.
The personal information the Mutual Trust Group collects depends on, and is specific to, the products and services you engage us to provide. Generally, the kinds of personal information we collect includes:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth;
- Other identification verification information, including photographic information, from documents including your birth certificate, passport, driver’s license, pension card, citizenship certificate, tax notice assessment, Medicare card and utilities notices;
- Financial information about your assets, occupation and income, account balances, bank account details, account activities, trust arrangements, payment history and transactions with us and third parties;
- Tax information including your tax file number, tax returns and related information;
- Professional and business information about your membership of a professional association, partnerships, directorships, business names and trust arrangements.
The Mutual Trust Group is also required to collect and verify identification information as required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth). In some circumstances, we may also hold other personal information provided by you.
As part of the Mutual Trust Group recruitment process for employees and contractors, we may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about you: your name, contact details, date of birth, citizenship, employment references, civil, credit and criminal records, regulatory accreditation, media, directorship, property ownership and driver’s licence information, education and employment history. In the employment context, we may also collect and hold your TFN, financial information and banking details.